5K/10K Running Coaches
Each spring, we recruit Running Coaches for our 5k/10k Training Program! These students lead runs on campus 2-3 times per week to help their fellow students prepare for the Ready, Set, Glow 5K at the end of April.
What is the 5K/10K Training Program?
- 4-week program to prepare you for a 5K or 10K race or to help you get more active
- Weekly group runs led by experienced running coaches
- Weekly emails with running tips and resources
- All ability levels are encouraged & eligible for prizes
- Program runs from March 30th – April 24th (Ready, Set, Glow 5k)
Who would make a great Running Coach?
- Running enthusiasts!
- Anyone who enjoys motivating and helping others achieve their goals
- Anyone looking to obtain leadership experience to include on a resume
- Anyone with availability to lead two group runs per week
- Anyone looking for community outreach hours
- Anyone who is studying health & human physiology and would like to gain practical experience applying what they’re learning in the classroom
Curious what the training plans looks like? Check out our sample plans below!
Where do I apply to be a Student Wellness 5K/10K Running Coach?
Apply here by February 21st.