Ready to make a change, but unsure how? Need extra support to get and stay on the right track? Student Wellness provides nutrition consultations. Our dietitian can help you with any of your nutrition needs ranging from food intolerances to creating a healthy eating plan on a budget.
Free for UI students
Appointments are available virtually (Mon - Fri), at Westlawn (Tue & Fri) or at the CRWC Wellness Services Office (Wed & Thu).
For virtual appointments, due to state legal requirements, at the time of the appointment students must be physically located in Iowa or one of these states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, HI, ID, IN, MA, MI, NH, NY, OK, OR, PA, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, or WY.
If you require a private space to conduct an appointment virtually, you can reserve space on campus.
How to schedule an appointment
CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE ONLINE
or call 319-335-8394 to schedule.
Hoping to meet outside of regular business hours? Fill out this form to set up an alternate time with a Student Wellness staff member.
Because we are in a healthcare environment, for in-person appointments, you must...
- wear a medical-grade face mask (cloth masks not allowed; medical-grade masks will be provided at entrance if you do not have one; guidelines are in line with UI guidance for healthcare)
- not be ill with a temperature of 100 degrees or over, cough, or shortness of breath, or feel sick in any way
- not have had a recent known COVID-19 exposure
To protect your health, our staff will also wear a face mask.
Please note: Our dietitian services are very popular; please be mindful of scheduling an appointment at a time that will work for your schedule and reserving that time for your appointment.
- Intuitive Eating Workshops: We offer free 4-week workshops on Intuitive Eating.
- Eating Disorder Network: a collaborative group of health professionals from across the University of Iowa campus that have come together to offer services for the treatment and prevention of eating disorders.
- Food Pantry at Iowa: Free service for any student, faculty or staff
- Recipes Page: Student-friendly recipes for breakfast, salads, soups, main dishes, crockpot, snacks and desserts.
- Learn to Cook videos
- Weight Management Clinic: a group of health professionals from the University of Iowa that have come together to offer services to those struggling with weight concerns.