What is Intuitive Eating?
Intuitive Eating is an approach that teaches you how to create a healthy relationship with your food, mind, and body--where you ultimately become the expert of your own body. You learn how to distinguish between physical and emotional feelings, and gain a sense of body wisdom. Intuitive Eating is rooted in 10 basic principles that invite you to a world of satisfying eating and a sense of freedom that can be exhilarating!
We offer one 4-week Intuitive Eating workshop for students each semester. They are free for students and will provide education, activities, practice, and support.
- Tuesdays: Oct 5, 12, 19 & 26 from 7-8:30pm in CRWC 1A&B - registration closed
We also offer free, one-on-one Intuitive Eating consultations, which can be scheduled as a nutrition consultation. Students can also check out Intuitive Eating books for free.
Not sure you want to go through the four-week workshop?
- Have a health educator come to your floor, sorority, or organization for a 1-hour Intuitive Eating program. This 1-hour program will introduce you to Intuitive Eating and its 10 Principles. To request the 1-hour program, please fill out a program request form.
Intuitive Eating Principles
- Reject the Diet Mentality.
- Honor Your Hunger.
- Make Peace with Food.
- Challenge the Food Police.
- Respect Your Fullness.
- Discover the Satisfaction Factor.
- Honor Your Feelings Without Using Food.
- Respect Your Body.
- Exercise--Feel the Difference.
- Honor Your Health--Gentle Nutrition.