What is Intuitive Eating?
Intuitive Eating is an approach that teaches you how to create a healthy relationship with your food, mind, and body--where you ultimately become the expert of your own body. You learn how to distinguish between physical and emotional feelings, and gain a sense of body wisdom. Intuitive Eating is rooted in 10 basic principles that invite you to a world of satisfying eating and a sense of freedom that can be exhilarating!
We offer one 4-week Intuitive Eating workshop for students each semester. They are free for students and will provide education, activities, practice, and support.
Tuesdays: October 4th, 11th, 18th, & 25th from 7-8:30pm in CRWC 1A&B
Intuitive Eating Group Check Ins
Join us via zoom on the first Tuesday of every month from 7-8:30pm to connect with others who are practicing Intuitive Eating, share any struggles you’ve been experiencing and receive support, ask questions that have come along your journey, and more! You can also join us if you are new to Intuitive Eating and interested in learning more.
- Tuesday, December 8th from 7-8:30PM
- Tuesday, January 3rd from 7-8:30PM
- Tuesday, February 7th from 7-8:30PM
- Tuesday, March 7th from 7-8:30PM
- Tuesday, April 4th from 7-8:30PM
- Tuesday, May 4th from 7-8:30PM
We also offer free, one-on-one Intuitive Eating consultations. These consultations are best for students who are looking to improve their relationship with food, movement, and their bodies. Rather than focusing on weight loss and following a meal plan, we focus on making peace with food, ditching food rules, honoring our cues for hunger and fullness, finding movement we enjoy, and practicing body respect.
Students can also check out Intuitive Eating books for free.
Not sure you want to go through the four-week workshop?
- Have a health educator come to your floor or organization for a 1-hour Intuitive Eating program. This 1-hour program will introduce you to Intuitive Eating and its 10 Principles. To request the 1-hour program, please fill out a program request form.
Intuitive Eating Principles
- Reject the Diet Mentality.
- Honor Your Hunger.
- Make Peace with Food.
- Challenge the Food Police.
- Respect Your Fullness.
- Discover the Satisfaction Factor.
- Honor Your Feelings Without Using Food.
- Respect Your Body.
- Exercise--Feel the Difference.
- Honor Your Health--Gentle Nutrition.