Koru Mindfulness® is an evidence-based curriculum specifically designed for teaching mindfulness, meditation, and stress management to college students and other young adults.
The Koru Mindfulness program…
- is taught in four weekly 75-minute classes (a brief model to accommodate busy student schedules)
- is structured with daily homework of a mindfulness log and 10 minutes of mindfulness practice
- is taught in small groups
Koru Basic Workshops
Spring workshops are below. Click to register:
- Tuesdays at 11am, December 21-January 11 on Zoom
- Mondays at 5:30pm, February 7, 14, 21, 28 in 256 IMU
- Tuesdays at 7pm, February 8, 15, 22, March 1 in 347 IMU
We will use a book for this workshop, which is available as a free e-book checkout from the UI library or available for pick-up from our CRWC location. Your instructor will email you details before the first session.
Mid-Day Mindfulness Meditations
Join Student Wellness staff each Tuesday at noon for a 15-20 minute mindfulness meditation. All levels of meditation- beginner to advanced meditators - are welcome. Drop in to any session by clicking here.
The day will include practice with meditation, yoga, and mind/body skills for relaxation and wellness. The retreat is open both to novices and people with more experience. It is a chance to reconnect to yourself at a time of year that is often hectic, and apply skills that can enhance your immune system, concentration, energy, and your ability to enjoy daily life. Click below to register:
- Sunday, November 7 from 1-4pm (in person in 2520 D, University Capitol Center)
If the workshops and retreat do not work for you, but you are still interested, please fill out this form to add your name to our interested list, and we'll contact you when registration opens up for future sessions.
Koru 2.0 is a 4 week mindfulness and meditation class that is the “advanced” class for students who have already completed Koru Basic. Koru 2.0 builds on the skills developed in Koru Basic and provides an opportunity for students to further their practice and deepen their skills.
- Check back in spring 2022 school year for Koru 2.0 session(s) information
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Student Wellness in advance at 319-335-8094
Questions? Contact email@example.com.