What is Intuitive Eating?
Intuitive Eating is an approach that teaches you how to create a healthy relationship with your food, mind, and body--where you ultimately become the expert of your own body. You learn how to distinguish between physical and emotional feelings, and gain a sense of body wisdom. Intuitive Eating is rooted in 10 basic principles that invite you to a world of satisfying eating and a sense of freedom that can be exhilarating!
We offer one 4-week Intuitive Eating workshop for students each semester. They are free for students and will provide education, activities, practice, and support. Registration is required, but has closed for the spring.
Tuesdays, Feb 4 - Feb 25 from 7-8:30pm in the Iowa River Room (341), IMU
We also offer free, one-on-one Intuitive Eating consultations. Students can also check out Intuitive Eating books for free. Call 319-335-8394 to make an appointment.
Not sure you want to go through the four-week workshop?
- Have a health educator come to your floor, sorority, or organization for a 1-hour Intuitive Eating program. This 1-hour program will introduce you to Intuitive Eating and its 10 Principles. To request the 1-hour program, please fill out a program request form.
Intuitive Eating Principles
- Reject the Diet Mentality.
- Honor Your Hunger.
- Make Peace with Food.
- Challenge the Food Police.
- Respect Your Fullness.
- Discover the Satisfaction Factor.
- Honor Your Feelings Without Using Food.
- Respect Your Body.
- Exercise--Feel the Difference.
- Honor Your Health--Gentle Nutrition.