Koru Mindfulness® is an evidence-based curriculum specifically designed for teaching mindfulness, meditation, and stress management to college students and other young adults.
The Koru Mindfulness program…
- is taught in four weekly 75-minute classes (a brief model to accommodate busy student schedules)
- is structured with daily homework of a mindfulness log and 10 minutes of mindfulness practice
- is taught in small groups
Spring Koru Basic Workshops (via Zoom - registration required - please click to register):
- Mondays at 5pm, Feb 15, 22, Mar 1, & Mar 8
- Wednesdays at 7pm, Feb 17, 24, Mar 3, & Mar 10
- Tuesdays at 5:30pm, March 9, 16, 23, & 30
- Thursdays at 3pm, March 11, 18, 25, & April 1
We will use a book for this workshop, which is available as a free e-book checkout from the UI library. Your instructor will email you details before the first session.
Join us for a three hour virtual silent mindfulness retreat. The day will include practice with meditation, yoga, and mind/body skills for relaxation and wellness. The retreat is open both to novices and people with more experience. It is a chance to reconnect to yourself at a time of year that is often hectic, and apply skills that can enhance your immune system, concentration, energy, and your ability to enjoy daily life. Click below to register:
If the workshops and retreat do not work for you, but you are still interested, please fill out this form to add your name to our interested list, and we'll contact you when registration opens up for future sessions.
Koru 2.0 is a 4 week mindfulness and meditation class that is the “advanced” class for students who have already completed Koru Basic. Koru 2.0 builds on the skills developed in Koru Basic and provides an opportunity for students to further their practice and deepen their skills.
- Mondays at 7pm, April 5, 12, 19, & 26 (registration link coming soon; information will be emailed from your former Koru 1.0 facilitator)
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Student Wellness in advance at 319-335-8094
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.