Sink Your Stress
Participate in Sink Your Stress from April 5, 2021 - April 25, 2021 to improve how you manage the challenges in your life.
- April 5-Week One: Reduce stress with MOVEMENT AND NUTRITION
- April 12-Week Two: Reduce stress with SLEEP AND TIME MANAGEMENT
- April 19-Week Three: Reduce stress with HEALTHY CONNECTION
How it works:
- Review or print the Sink Your Stress gameboard
- Each week try to complete as many of the challenges as possible from the gameboard. You can track your progress on a printed gameboard or use the quiz tool on ICON (you will be added to the course shortly after registering for the program).
- At the end of the program, complete the evaluation (emailed to all who register for the program) to register for a prize.
- Watch for weekly emails with helpful tips and resources for completing the Sink Your Stress challenges!
Weekly challenges include:
Week One: Reduce stress with MOVEMENT and NUTRITION
- Meal prep 3 meals this week
- Increase water intake by 1 glass/bottle per day
- Eat one additional serving of fruit or veg per day
- Move your body in a way that you enjoy on at least 3 days this week
- Complete a strength training workout this week
- Spend 10 minutes stretching on at least 3 days
Week Two: Reduce stress with SLEEP AND TIME MANAGEMENT
- Plan your weekly schedule
- Practice relaxation techniques before bed at least 3 night this week
- No phone in bed this week
- Wake up at the same time each day this week.
- Write down tasks to accomplish for each day while avoiding over commitment
- Eliminate 10 minutes of non-essential screen time each day this week
Week Three: Reduce stress with HEALTHY CONNECTION
- Reach out to someone you love
- Do something nice for someone you know
- Write down 3 things you are grateful for each day
- Spend 10 minutes practicing a mindfulness meditation technique each day
- Plan activity with friends that does not center around/end with drinking alcohol*
- Take 3 short walks outside this week
*Please follow COVID-19 guidelines. For more info visit: https://coronavirus.uiowa.edu/campus-life